Central Hall Hotel, Birmingham

The boutique hotel is part of a restoration and redevelopment of the former Methodist Central Hall on the northern end of Corporation Street. Designed by architects Ewan Harper & James A. Harper, the three-story, Edwardian red brick and terracotta Grade II-listed building opened in 1905, and its distinctive tower remains a recognizable part of Birmingham’s city center skyline.

196-224 Corporation Street, Ladywood, Birmingham, B4 6QB

Year
2019-2021
Units
147 rooms + 75 apart-hotel units
Scheme
Hotel
Status
Pre-Construction Design Phase

The boutique hotel is part of a restoration and redevelopment of the former Methodist Central Hall on the northern end of Corporation Street. Designed by architects Ewan Harper & James A. Harper, the three-story, Edwardian red brick and terracotta Grade II-listed building opened in 1905, and its distinctive tower remains a recognizable part of Birmingham’s city center skyline.

Plan have been approved to convert the distinctive 115-year-old hall into a 147-bed hotel and 75-room apart-hotel units. The plans also include a rooftop bar, live music venue and meeting space. The project team anticipates breaking ground as soon as this summer, with a target date of completion in 2020.